The Web appeared in the year 1991 and after that it has really become a way of finding every kind of information and every kind of resource.
The succes of the Web was guided with the help of a markup language called HTML, invented by Tim Berners-Lee in the year 1991.
- We can surf with this markup language and it also helps you to read in a specific and more complete way thanks to lots of links.
- This markup language tries to separate the content from the presentation.
- The problem: it is a very limited markup language.
In the year 1998, we can point out the appearance of the XML, another markup language. This is the one that has made the existence of the Web 2.0 posible.
- It is a language to write languages. It is a metalanguage.
- Nowadays, this language is used to document. It is a docbook.
Carolina García Cataño y David Arroyo Menéndez. (2002). Biblioteca Digital y Web Semántica. BiblioWeb de SinDominio. Consultado el 10 de dicembre en http://biblioweb.sindominio.net/telematica/bibdigwebsem/bibdigwebsem.html