As wikipedia says Human Language Technology (hlt) or Natural Language Processing (nlp) consists of computational linguistics, which is a field that deals with statistical of natural language from a computational perspective, and also consists of speech technology. HLT is connected with computer sciences and linguistics.
RESEARCH CENTRES FOR HLT IN EUROPE
If we want to know more about this field of the language could be interesting to investigate about different research centres that work on this theme. For example:
- The Language Technology Lab (Germany), this centres` mission is the improvement of language technology using different computational techniques for processing text, speech and knowledge in order to study the true needs of the final user and the demands od the market. Some of the projects that this Language Technology Lab wants to elaborate is the enriching deep processing with statistical methods or document indexing for German and Englis, for example.
- Another research centre can be The Edinburgh Language Technology Group that has been working in this field since 1990 and it works in oriented applications that is focused on finding and building solutions to problems in text processing. Some of the projects are for example, combaining shallow semantics and domain knowledge and also another project can be the machine learning for named entity recognition.
- Human Language Technology. Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved: 8 March 2009 18:42. From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Language_Technology
- The Language Technology Lab. Retrieved: 8 March 2009 18:50. From http://www.dfki.de/lt/
- The Edinburgh Language Technology Group. Retrieved: 8 March 2009 18:47. From http://www.ltg.ed.ac.uk/