The orality and the writing in the hypermedia
As in other article I have said, the hypermedia is the collection of hypertexts shown in the Internet and this term is very related with the orality and also the writing. As we all know the method of comunication has changed during the years. Orality the method of gestures, writing the method of comunicating using the writing and finally the hypermedia the method og comunication in the Web.
As wikipedia says, we can talk about the orality as the verbal expression in society. The studying of orality can develop countries that are in poverty and help in the process of globalization. We can find the primary orality and the residual orality.
- Primary orality: refers to the verbal expression in cultures that haven’t got knowledge of writing, for example.
- Residual orality: (meaning more or less the contrary of the primary orality) refers to the verbal expression in cultures tha haven been in contact with wrting and also print.
Talking about writing, we can say that it is a system of graphic representation of a language. It is a method of human comunication. The first writings: year 4000 b.C. The writing has developed during the years.
Finally, the hypermedia, as wikipedia shows, is the word that is used to refer to a procedure of writing, designing… other contents that have included videos, things to listen, maps… and also that permit comunication between other users. We can find different kinds of hypermedia:
Nowadays, we can talk about The World Wide Web, films in DVD’s or Powerpoint presentations as an hypermedia.
So looking these definitios of orality, writing and hypermedia we can see a very clear progress in our community. Starting with the orality and following with the writing we finally have achieved the method of comunication of the future: the hypermedia. This one is little by little replacing the other two because nowadays it’s obvious that we use more the things that are thecnologycall that traditional ones. But are we going to forget completely what during millions of years has been our method of comunication?
- Página: Escritura (lingüística). Wikipedia, La enciclopedia libre.Retrieved: 11 MaY 2009 18:13. From http://es.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Escritura_(ling%C3%BC%C3%ADstica)&oldid=21317754
- Orality. Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved: 11 May 2009 18: 15. From http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Orality&oldid=238417313.
- Página: Hipermedia . Wikipedia, La enciclopedia libre. Retrieved: 11 May 2009 18: 20. From http://es.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Hipermedia&oldid=21169753