What is CiteULike?
As Wikipedia says CiteULike is a free online service in which you can organize different publications. It has been on the Web since 2004. Here you can:
- Store references found online
- Discover new articles and sources
- Share references
- Find out who is reading what you are reading
CiteULike allows users to tag, organize and bookmark different kind of information and metadata through a Web browser. This service is based on the principle of social bookmarking and its aim is to promote and develope the sharing scientific references amongst researchers.
CiteULike is very well-known nowadays as it as more tha 3 million articles bookmarked.
What is GoogleBooks?
Google provides a service called GoogleBooks which, as wikipedia says, searches the full text of books that Google scans. This books are stored in digital databases.
Thanks to this service, the user can “open” a book and view pages from the book chosen as well as content-related advertisements and links to the writer webpage or also booksellers.
The aim of GoogleBooks is to offer unprecedented access to what may become the largest online corpus of human knowledge and also to promote the democratization of knowledge. However, it is worth to say that this service has been critized for copyright violations.
- CiteULike. Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved: 4-1-2010. From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CiteULike
- CiteULike. Retrieved: 4-1-2010. From: http://www.citeulike.org/
- GoogleBooks. Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved: 4-1-2010. From:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Books